22 September 2006

Lessons Not Learned

Believe it or not, I'm in college right now, at 8.15 in the morning, in a classroom. Apparently I forgot I have no class this morning so I woke up a whole hour earlier for nothing. Sad isn't it? Could've gotten more sleep. I seriously think one of these days I'll end up in a hospital for exhaustion. I remember to be so tired on Wednesday that I almost drop during my piano lesson. Well, it's the teacher's fault anyway. Our lessons are supposed to be every Thursday but we never have it on a planned day. Moreover, if she wants to come for a lesson for the week, she'll give me the latest notice possible, sometimes 15 minutes before the lesson. It's so frustrating. After her lesson on Wednesday, I slept until dinner because I was so tired, and I practically shouted at my aunt who tried to wake me up. I think that there's not really a big chance for me to get admitted into a ward anytime soon anyway. This is not as worse as my condition in KYS. There, I had so little sleep that sometimes in the morning, I could sleep standing up. Seriously. Not on purpose, but when I stopped walking, I'd straight away fall asleep. And I'd jerk awake when I find myself almost falling.

Actually I'm alone in class. Everyone else is doing who knows what, and since I'm the only one who forgot(it seems), I'm sitting in class alone. The others probably have plans already this morning. I really shouldn't be sitting alone though. Well, I'm going somewhere now so I'd continue this later.

Later: It's 1.30 in the morning now. Just came back from Opu's farewell party, she's going to the UK. My brother just came back from a prom, and guess what? He got Prom King. Kind of surprising to me, but he's okay I guess. Wish I had a that kind of time in my secondary school year, but my school was too close-minded that prom isn't even allowed. And even if it is, we probably only allowed to wear something really... unsexy and boring and nice. Well, even if there is a prom, I doubt I'd get Prom Queen. Boys would definitely not vote me(because they think I'm bad) and teachers would make sure I won't win. What can I say, I'm just too much for the school to handle. You know how when the more people don't know you, the more likely they are to spread terrible stories about you. I was a victim of that. Let me tell you a story.

There was once a beautiful town, with a beautiful neighbourhood, one that could be described as perfect. The roofs were colourful and everyone was friendly to each other. Something was a little out of place though. There was a big house on the hill that was not as colourful as the other houses and it is surrounded by roses. An old man lived there and took care of all the roses. This old man didn't really mix around with the villagers and they thought him scary and creepy and mysterious-even more because he was so obsessed about his roses. Everyone in the village talks about him and say things like he's a vampire or he's a monster or a murderor or he captures villagers to keep as captives. All these stories go around and nobody knows which is the truth. People become really scared of him and will not approach his house. Kids threw stones at his house. Some people tried to destroy his roses. They will leave him out of celebrations and festivities of the town.

One day, during aspring day, the old man was out in his garden tending to his roses when he found a birthday card to a guy named Joe. He picked it up and as he walked back to the house to throw it, the rain starts pouring and he got striked by lightning. He died straight away in his garden. His body wasn't found until the next day by some villagers who were walking past. Story went around the village about his death and they tried to find a relative who knew him. When they found no one, and saw the card the old man was holding, they said his name is Joe and his birthday was the day before. He was buried with this name and birth date.

This story tells you something doesn't it? Each and every one of the villagers spread stories about him thinking they know everything about him, or try to show that they know something. In the end, they didn't knpw a single thing about this guy, not even his real name or his birthday. Who knows, if they actually get to know him better, he might be a nice guy who knows more then the others think they do. Well, I'd say that's the nature of most humans. Like I said, the more you don't know about someone, the more likely it is that stoies are made up to fill that empty space in our minds, and when that empty space is there, it will except anything, even a piece of a puzzle that doesn't fit.


LoVe~
MzP<3

1 comment:

tainted love said...

oh my god zu!! i missed u too babe (a lot ok)...and ive just updated my blog actually, haha. read ur blog,i love the fact that u write a lot,that way,eventho we dont meet...i'l still know what's going on in ur life!!

xXOo u know who oOXx