06 September 2006

Holiday Begins

My parents came home today from somewhere(I'm not sure but I can guess) shouting and screaming at my brother. You know, the annoying, self-centered, authority-hating, over-popular brother. Well, he's the brother my mom likes so much. So, yeah, I was pretty surprised my mom shouted at him today, mostly because of his(not good, I might add) studies. I was shouted at too, for not being a 'mentor' and to sit by my brother and 'monitor' his studies every single time. Like I said, he hates authority. He barely listens to his own mother let alone his unpopular, good-for-nothing sister. People like him only belongs at the top, and he needs to get to the top fast. Howerver, I'm not sure someone can do that if he can't tolerate with people at the top ordering him around in the first place. Plus, just because he is so over-popular and liked in his school now doesn't necessarily mean he will be somewhere else. Turst me, he had to start from scratch at another place once and he can't handle it. He can't handle a place where he doesn't hold a post or have some control over the student body. He can't handle being hated by everybody, and he can't survive without his loyal friends around. A good thing is he's always a charmer, charming people wherever he goes. But what happens if ever he's charming ability fails? Then he has to rely on pure ability which he has plenty, but not about intelectual stuff(he's pretty ignorant about those stuff).

Then there I was again, having to help him through this big life-changing exam called SPM. Trust me, I know it's life-changing because I've been there, done that. A lot of people say SPM is not exactly the perfect way to measure a student, but the same people will still judge you according to your result just on the grounds that there's nothing else to judge you with. The point is, no matter how popuplar you are with the teachers, how high the post you hold, and how active you are in co-curricular activities, you wouldn't be better than the guys who're all that and still manage to get straight As.

No idea why my mom blames me for my brother's lack of awareness of the importance of SPM. After all, I tried asking him to drop Biology and take up Accounts instead. He's even complaining to my mom that I don't know the answers to all of his questions. Duh. I don't take Physics or History anymore so how could I possibly remember all that I don't have to remember anymore? Seriously, I have to know how to calculate gravitational forces and wavelengths just because he's taking the exam? I don't think so. Worse, all of it is in another language altogether and since I had converted all my studies to english, I wouldn't exactly remember what some terms mean. Be reasonable, I would try my best to help but really, the rest is my brother's job.

Actually, my holidays have just started(today's the first day) and I deserve a little break. Last night, I slept at 4a.m. which was nice because I don't remember the last time I slept after 12 midnight. Actually, I wanted to catch Deperate Housewives since I missed yesterday's episode but it turns out, it's one of the really ancient episodes(where Susan just discovered Zach is Mike's son). Woke up at 11 something this morning. I should do it more often but this time I better have a good movie to watch.

My AS finals is in 4 weeks. I'm scared s***less. Guess that explains why I lost all sense of humour in my writings. You guys reading this must be bored stiff. Well, my life's not really that bad, just that when I have a good time, I'll usually be caught up in it that I woudn't want to be confined to the computer to write about it. But I promise that if I have time this holiday, I would definitely wqrite more often. So often that you won't be able to catch up with all of it. Till then...


LoVe~
MzP<3

No comments: