09 October 2008

Out of Reach

Why oh why hadn't I done Biotechnology? Or Medicine? Or even Psychology? Or maybe even Physiotherapy?

Oh. Right. Chemistry. And Physics. How was I stupid enough to not do Physics in A-levels. And how was I stupid enough to just not get Chemistry. But I guess not taking Physics, and still wanting to do science, would leave me with... Nutritionist. And no offense to nutritionists out there, but I don't think I want to proceed with life having a career counting calories in food. Eew. Seriously. That would ruin all the fun of eating!

So here I am, doing Accounting. OK, there is nothing wrong with accounting. I might not be good in it, but I'm not bad in it either. And it is a pretty hard thing to do. People do look up to you if you tell them you're studying accounting (Like, whoa, isn't that hard? Can you cope?), but not in Malaysia though. People tend to think you're a loser, at the bottom end, if you do anything related to business. Because that's what we're told when we were doing SPM. Doing business? Stupid. the guys in business do less subjects. And they're easier. OK, I admit, if I were in the business stream during SPM, I would probably get straight A's. But that was then. Now, accounting is hard. When you do deeper into it. I mean, learning how to put $$$ in places I've never even heard of, let alone knew existed, is super hard. I mean, what the hell is 'freight-in' anyway?

OK fine. I'm stuck doing accounting. I'm OK with that. It's useful. It's not that bad. And it could be fun sometimes. But then, if I want to do it, I should have done it at a better place. Alright, I know Macquarie Uni has the best EFS sector in Sydney or something. But i should have gone further. UK, maybe. Or US. I should be in UK right now. The tuition fees are cheaper anyway. Or the same. And an education in UK is considered higher, in Malaysia. Higher as in, more looked up upon.

So right now, as I'm writing this, I'm looking at applications to the UK. Alright, it's going to be a big huge change, and it's not going to be easy. But I want it. More than anything right now. I don't know how to do it. And hell, I don't know how to get the finances required. But I still want to think it's possible. I still want to try to do it. Because it is the only thing keeping me in line. The only thing that I'm working towards. Although I know the chances of me going there is one in a thousand. But still, wish me luck.

Right now, my iTunes is giving me some problems. It keeps popping up and interrupting my post writing! It's so damn freaking annoying. I end this here.

Oh, I almost forgot!

Selamat Hari Raya Aidilfitri!!!

Maaf Zahir dan Batin.

Muax. Love you guys.



LoVe~
MzP<3

No comments: