10 October 2009

A Puro Dolor

Oh my gosh. I swear, if I got home a little later, I would be puking all over the place.

I'm just so sick!

Tonight was a good night. Better than expected at least. I lost my voice, though. Funny thing, when I lose my voice, I tend to talk more, because I like to hear my self speak in a voice totally different than what I'm used to.

....

Speaking of losing voices, do you happen to know, there is an island in the US, where, in the 1800s, almost everyone speaks in sign language? The place is Martha's Vineyard, and the sign language is called Martha's Vineyard Sign Language (MVSL).

Apparently, the people on the island has very high rate of deafness. So to make it easier, everyone learns the sign language, and uses it in their everyday life, including people who are not deaf. It was so common that people used it eventhough there were no deaf people around. This just makes it much easier for the deaf people to fit in their everyday lives, and function normally with everyone else.

Wow. Can you imagine living in a place like that? Very interesting, I reckon.

Unfortunately, the MVSL sort of drifted away. The deaf rate on the island went down, and now very few people actually recall the sign language. Or possibly none at all. The sign language the deaf people use now is the usual American one.

*Pause.

OK, that was an episode of facing the toilet bowl. Shit. I'm going to feel like crap tomorrow.

(Now I remember why I don't like puking: It hurts!)

I think I need some sleep, being in this condition, but I can't sleep!!

Now I kind of wish I'm somewhere else... Where? That is a secret I'll never tell! Hehe. xoxo



I think I'd need to at least try to sleep.

But wait! I'm not drunk. I didn't drink, alright.

I truly am sick. Like, literally. Seriously sick. I think I'm supposed to go see a doctor or something, I mean, don't you have to if it comes to this point? Well, whatever.


Anyways, good night.

Y las noches me saben
A puro dolor



LoVe~
MzP<3

No comments: