06 February 2009

More Than a Woman

I watched Revolutionary Road today.

I'd like to say it was a good movie. But in a scarily not good way. I mean, to me, it's one of those movies that (to say 'touch; is putting it mildly) hits you. Right in the face. Right in the guts. I mean hit me. Me.

OKOK, I should warn you about spoilers here. Don't read further if you don't want to know what happened in the movie.

I am so alike her in the movie. In all her craziness. And I guess we all have it in us.

Why does it scare me so much though? Because while watching the movie, I realise that I'm actually looking at my future. Yes. And myself in the future.

Or possibly, one of the futures I would most probably end up with. Kids, cheating husband, unrealised dreams, wanting a change, and cheating on my husband with the next available guy. Umm... And being incredibly damaged in the process. Damaged enough to end up doing something irreversible.

Then suddenly I know. That is not what I'm going to end up to be. Living for a husband that just couldn't keep his mouth shut long enough to listen to my side of the story. Giving up everything for him. To end up being disappointed one more time. Being hurt.

I won't end up like her.

Instead I'd end up happier.

And above all, I wouldn't marry someone like that. Never. Because I know I'll end up exactly where she ended up in the end.

End of spoiler.

The movie hit home so hard, I was crying after I got out. After, not during.

I think most of all, is the realisation that I almost, almost, ended up like that. Almost. Really close.

On a happier note... Wait for it...

My Exam is FINISHED!!!!

Yayyy!!!

I'm done with Summer School. Done, I tell you. Can you believe it?? Finally!!!

And to make things a hell of alot better, guess what?? My boyfrind is coming back in 6 days. 6 days! OMG, I can't wait! It's like so short and yet so long a time to wait. 6 days!!!!!

It's like tomorrow, and yet feels like years. Finally the wait is almost over. Almost.


I'll just close my eyes and pretend I'm hugging you until you get here, baby.

So so so so so excited. I know I won't be able to sleep until the day comes. Gosh, like I need anymore lack of sleep here! Hehe. But it's all good. Maybe the only problem is his absence. So yea. Who cares if I lose a few more days of sleep? As long as he's coming back.


LoVe~
MzP<3

No comments: