06 February 2009

Hot in Herre

OMG, did you hear about the coming heat wave in NSW?

Apparently this weekend, some parts of NSW will be some of the hottest places on earth. Imagine 44 degrees. Imagine me melting!

HELP!!!!

Be absolutely glad you're anywhere else but here.


So yes, tomorrow and Sunday, I have a feeling I'll be spending my day in malls. Cool air. Movies. Getting out of the heat. Or if not I'd be in the hospital. Seriously, people get seriously ill in this kind of heat. Look at the bright side, at least hospitals have air conditioning right?

I tell you, I can't imagine the prospects of 35 degrees. So...

At 38 degrees, I'm prepared to install air conditioning in my room, even if it means using all my money. And then some.

At 40 degrees, it's enough to make me crazy enough to buy the first plane ticket out of here. Even if I'm going to have to owe the bank. With 50% interest (seriously!). Preferably halfway around the world (I hear New York is unbearably cold right now).

At 44 degrees?

Umm...

Let's see...

At that point, let me tell you, our bodies' enzymes would be denatured. And since enzymes are such important catalysts,

We can't digest food.

We can't replicate our DNA and build new cells.

We can't think.

And the potential for serious dehydration is at its highest point. You lose litres of water from your body per hour.

And at that point, if ever it reaches that point, I don't think you'd find me functioning anymore. Like, literally.

Like, seriously.

And to add to that, the high temperature is a total fire hazard. Fire departments are on high alert. Helicopters are prepared to take off in 15 mins at a moment's notice. The country's firemen are at work, just waiting.

Even today, Lane Cove is on fire. Lane Cove!!! Like, 10 minutes away!!!

Oh no.

I never thought I'd ever miss Malaysia's heat. That would be like living in a refrigerator compared to Sydney right now.

The news actually advised us to go to malls. Or watch movies. Hypocrites. Makes you wonder if the government is just doing this on purpose to improve the country's economy. I mean, look at the lengths Kevin Rudd is willing to take. I wonder if increasing the temperature is really not in the government's power at this point. It certainly seems 'convenient'. Hehe.



Wish me luck! And please pray that I'm going to survive this weekend. Just this one weekend. And that I won't explode or implode in the heat.

Oh how I wish I never told the rain to go away when I was younger. Or told Mr. Golden Sun to shine down on me. Do me a favour and don't teach those songs to your kids. They'll thank you one day.



LoVe~
MzP<3

p.s. Speaking of songs. From the last blog onwards, I'm going to put in song titles as my blog titles. For fun. Enjoy! Or even request a song title if you want. I'll try to write something about it... Whatever it is.

No comments: