20 December 2008

Think

I've been thinking quite alot lately. More than usual.

I don't really like to think too much.

You know how thinking goes. One thing leads to another. And then, you start to question things. Question life. Then you question the higher things. And then you just about go crazy because you make your own conclusions because no other conclusions can be made that makes much sense, do you know what I mean, or don't you?

And then you'd feel depressed.

There's only so much a human's mind can take. And it's not alot, I can tell you.

So mostly, I shut off thoughts. I mean, I don't care if by thinking I can solve the next mystery of the world. I just won't do too much of it. Besides, someone else can solve the next mystery. I'm not up for the job.

There are no boundaries when we think, is there? And yet, there are alot of limitations.

And see, I'm the only one who can actually think of thinking itself.

Sometimes, I feel (trying not to use 'think' here) that I prefer becoming more bimbo-like. Well, not a bimbo per say. Just bimbo-like. For sometimes choosing between Vogue and The Economist can just keep me reeling, and I would definitely end up with Vogue. I love economics. But when I pick up the magazine, I just can't see any other point to it. And knowledge can come in many forms, depending on which life you lead, or what you believe. So yes, I know what the multiplier effect is, and I know who is Akerloff. But probably that information is less valuable to one person than it is to another. And who's to say I'd be any less smarter if I pick up Vogue.

That is also the reason I read chick-lit instead of hardcore classic literature. Or why I'd be more interested in conversations detailing some gossip than what's the economic pros and cons of the Kyoto protocol. Not that I don't have my own arguments. But possibly a part of me is just sick of people trying to prove in vain that they're better than the other, with so-called 'intellectual' arguments. In reality, I know in the end, people will only hear what they want to hear than what's really being said.


LoVe~
MzP<3

No comments: