16 December 2008

Gift Guide for Men

I'm at some... Bukit Kiara Club thing. By the pool. Wish I brought my bikini though, been a long time since I last swam.

Recently I read an article in a magazine. On the plane. Cleo, I think. The article was written by a guy, telling girls to give a clue about what they want as presents. You know, birthdays, christmas and such. He was all like, "Please give us a clue about what you want. And don't make it too subtle too." Writing about how men has no idea what women want, and for us to make their job easier for them.

First of all, thing is, I don't really agree with him. It is pretty easy to get women gifts, you know. I mean, if all else fails, get jewelery. C'mon, even a fool could figure that out, right? We're talking diamonds, platinum, gold, pearls. And not those plated stuff either. And not silver, to be safe. Trust me, you just can't go wrong with jewelry. If you don't want them to get the wrong idea, just stay away from diamonds.

What's that I hear? Out of budget? Ha. Haha. Ha. Wait, why do you have a girlfriend again? Nah, kidding. Have you guys actually seen jewelry these days? Rings could go as low as RM100. And instead of buying that RM350 perfume that probably stinks anyway, you could definitely get a ring or a pendant for that much.

And silver is not that bad either, actually. I mean, just not for me since I have allergies to everything not gold. Get engraved rings, with your name engraved on the inside, for extra thought. And extra romantic effect. Just don't engrave faces. Spell T-A-C-K-Y.

Jewelry is equivalent to technology for men. Men would probably crave for the latest phone or laptop or iPod. And they're all expensive as well, don't lie to us.

OK fine, not all are keen with giving jewelry. I get it.

The thing is, there are only two things that girls would appreciate when received. a) expensive things or b) thoughtful things. It has got to be either one. If it's not expensive or thoughtful, don't bother. And if you, like the guy who wrote the magazine article, wouldn't want to give it much thought, shell out for something expensive. The less thought you put into it, the more expensive the gift should be. Take it from me. If you're broke (hint!) you have no choice but to put a lot of effort and thought into the gift.

But take it from me, if you love her, that shouldn't be a problem at all. For we all know the best gift is one that shows how much you know someone. And who would know you better than someone who loves you? Right? Right? Right?

And girls. If you really really want a surprise from your guy, just guide him in the right direction. We all know how clueless and hopeless guys are, and I doubt it's about to change anytime soon. So, sometimes, just give him a break, drag him to that Chanel store, tell him how much you loooooovvveeee that handbag (just one, you don't wanna confuse him). Trust me, when he gets it for you, he'll think it's a very clever surprise on his part. *wink *wink

So for thoughtful gifts? Next post.

Till then, I hope you find the jewelry store fun. And bear in mind, we do know the difference between zircons and diamonds. Or at least our friend who works at the jewelry store does. So, no cheating!


LoVe~
MzP<3

No comments: