18 May 2008

A Nostalgic Night

It's 2.25 in the morning and I am wide awake. I mean, I slept but I just woke up, not being able to sleep anymore. Slept at 10 30 today, thinking, all this while I've been sleeping too late, and I'd like to try to get my body clock used to early nights again. And early mornings.

But I woke up 5 minutes ago, very wide awake. Not my intention. When I said early mornings, I didn't mean this early. I know if I start functioning this early in the morning. I'd be so tired by tomorrow afternoon, and I'm trying hard to avoid afternoon naps.

So I'm up. And weirdly enough, takbir raya suddenly appeared in my head and got stuck there, and you know how nostalgic takbir raya can be. It's when you think of happy times during raya. It's when I think of my late grandmother. And the beautiful old house she owned. Her superb cooking. She cooking in the kitchen. Feeding me food with her own hands. Watering her plants very very early in the morning before anyone else woke up. Me waking up early to see her outside, with the early birds chirping merrily and the cocks crowing. Can you imagine that was KL back then? Birds chirping in KL! When's the last time you heard that? At least 10 years ago.

OMG, how old have I become. That was 10 years ago? 10 years seem like an eternity, but when you remember it, it's still so fresh in your mind, it's like it happened last week.

I was 13 when she passed away. And I got the news in the worst way, in the dining hall of my boarding school, on a piece of paper that gives me 'permission' to go home. The paper was an official admin paper, for students who lost their outing book or want to go home immediately. When I got the paper, I was thinking, why am I given permission to go home? So I looked under the 'Reason' box, and it says: Nenek meninggal dunia. Translation: Grandmother passed away. This happened in the Dining Hall. Where we were supposed to eat. And is where everyone, the whole school, is for lunch. So yes, I cried practically in front of the whole school.

OK, I'm going to stop being all nostalgic and ruining everyone's moods. Have I ever told you how I got lost in my boarding school? I mean, I didn't get lost. But no one can find me for like a few hours. And the funny part is, I was sitting somewhere open, not hiding, and the whole school was looking for me. But, that's for my next post, next time.

Muax. Wish me luck with my sleeping problem!


LoVe~
MzP<3>

No comments: