19 May 2008

Made of Dishonor

So. I went to watch Made of Honor today. The amazing part is when we actually get a chance to see Patrick Dempsey juggle. I see he's still got his touch! Eventhough he's old and stuff. I mean, wow. He's just still got it pretty good. But (There's a but). It is the only thing in the film I actually enjoyed. I mean the only thing. Frankly, the movie was a disaster by my standards. Halfway through the movie, I was thinking, "What the hell am I still doing here?" And I still stayed just to see if the ending was worth it. And guess what? If I thought it was awful halfway, I thought it was disastrous after watching the ending. I mean it. I kept rolling my eyes! It's so ridiculously predictable, (and ridiculous) and just so unrealistic. It's soooooo unoriginal, I wonder if it will get sued for copyright infringement by 100 other movie producers.

My conclusion is: I wasted 12 bucks (OZ dollars!) for something that isn't even worth buying a pirated DVD for. Am I missing something here? Is Hollywood really just laying around, collecting money from people who just go to watch a bunch of actors, not even slightly bothering to give us sufficient entertainment while at it?

And Patrick Dempsey, you looked like a fool in the movie (Except the juggling part, that was pretty cool). I mean, you're a great actor and all, but the movie just ruins you. Big time. Especially after the big hit with Enchanted. Even superb acting skills could not bring the plot alive. I was searching for a stick to poke the plot with just to see if it's still alive.

Oh , and I don't even want to write about the other characters. Which most was severely underdeveloped and served no purpose for the plot at all. Enough said.

So. Please don't spend that ridiculous amount of time and money to pay for the ticket. Rent a DVD if you want to see Patrick Dempsey so much. But if you can live without it, well, just go on.

*Sigh* You know what? I never see myself as someone who thrives on vicious criticism, but sorry guys, this just tested my limits. After feeling my IQ drop down a couple of points watching this film, I think it deserves every word I wrote up there. Sorry if I offended anyone who loved the movie sooo much (Ehem-Losers-ehem) or love Patrick Dempsey (actually, he is hot) or is Patrick Dempsey himself (Umm... hi? Can I have an autograph?).

OK, so ends this post about how much I hate Made of Honor. Oh, maybe 'hate' is such a strong word. I dislike the movie. A lot.


Love~
MzP<3 style="color: rgb(255, 153, 255);">p.s. I know I could've come up with a wittier title for this post. But the after-effects of the movie are still preventing from the full restoration of my IQ. Sorry to disappoint!

2 comments:

yaya schmaya said...

omg zue, i JUST watched Made of DISHONOUR with yamud too just now.... n i second all your thoughts lah!!

we even thought of asking a refund for our tickets!

Goddammit, after all our semangat to watch it haritu...ehehhehe

what happened to Hollywoooood?

MzPinK13 said...

Yes, I KNOW right? Gosh. 12 bucks! Patrick Dempsey is so welcome to pay me back because I thought a film with him in it would be great.

xoxo