09 March 2009

Take You Down

As a result of living very much in the dark, I just found out about the Chris Brown/Rihanna tragedy yesterday.

For those of you who don't already know, it's on www.perezhilton.com. In short, Chris Brown beat up Rihanna. In A rented Lamborghini. Until she was almost unconscious.

So last night, I read the story from front to back. Right from the start. I saw the pictures.

And what did I feel? Mostly anger. I felt kind of numb. And I felt the pain of going through it. Knowing what Rihanna felt. Or is feeling right now.

The pictures were incredibly bad. Shocking. I can only imagine what it feels like to get those kind of injuries. To have your head banged on the passenger window. To be punched repeatedly on the head and face. To be punched on the arms while trying to protect yourself. To be headlocked so you can't make a call. To be threatened to be killed. To be punched on the legs when you try to push him away. To be bit on the arm and fingers when you try to fight back.
And then to be strangled until you lose consciousness. Then, finally to be left in the car alone.

It's outrageous. So much so that most radio stations are not playing Chris Brown's songs anymore. He's dropped from commercials. Basically, his career is almost over.

And then a huge uproar from people when the couple seemingly got back together. Oh my God.

Then part of me understands. Although Rihanna has a 100% chance of getting someone better than him, the problem is love. I mean, on her part. The lack of remorse from Chris Brown just got me to assume he doesn't love her that much anyway. So she loves him. Love.

Then I reflected on something. I had principles. I said to myself that if a guy ever beats me down, I won't think twice to leave.

And then I thought of him. The one I love. And then I realized. Even if he beats me down that bad, or worse, I'd probably still get back together with him. I probably would. It's really wrong. But then I understand. I understand when you get blinded by love. I'd tell Rihanna to get some help, some counselling, some perspective. I'd tell her to show the whole world how to be strong and to know what to do. But then again, I know in the end she's only human. At best, she's just like the rest of us. Her thought process is probably the same as ours.

Oh and did I tell you we're the same age? Oh, and so are our boyfriends.

Still, domestic violence is never ever alright. No matter how provoked you are. It is downright criminal.

Here's hoping Rihanna will realise that soon. And so will the rest of the world. Giving us some hope that we could always always always fall in love again. And be happy again.


LoVe~
MzP<3

No comments: