11 January 2010

Non Dairy Creamer

I have this thing. This little problem, right, where I always try to see the best in people.

No, it does not mean I trust easily. (And I really don't). It's just that, you know, when you grow up and you meet more people, and after a while you stumble across a personality type that's proved problematic before, when other people would write him/her off, I'd usually be the one who'd believe that he/she could work that personality positively.

I used to refuse to believe that there are truly bad people in this world. I mean, who in their right mind would deliberately hurt someone or something? Who in their right mind would do something bad without his/her own reasons? After all, the world is not black & white.

But then, of course I'm wrong. There are people who would hurt others deliberately. There are others who thrive on being so wrong. (I would love to get in their head sometime and know how they became so screwed up). But these people are rare enough. Rare enough that I know I can still trust every new person I meet to be good. (But yet, still not trust them completely)



And then there are lies. I know very well about lies. I receive them alot. I give them out sometimes. Lies are so abundant out there, it's everywhere. We know our parents lie to us about their past, our teachers lie to us about their present, and our politicians lie to us about the future.

But the abundance of lies does not mean the truth does not exist. It always does. There is such a thing as truth. We do have to work to find it, but it's there. Always.

And yes I always assume people always seek the truth.


This is what I'm getting at. There are people. These people, a very rare few, who are infused with lies. These are the people I understand very little of. I just don't know why they lie, and lie. I just don't have any clue as to what's in their head, that prompts them to lie all the time.

And in my opinion these people are one of the worst. They have the worst personality types.

Admit it, there are no movies about them, no proper stories told of them. I don't think people really see it as a serious problem. I mean, I'm not talking about the Schizo. I'm talking about healthy, sane people.

What I don't get is, do they actually see their life that way? Do they actually believe what they talk about? Are they that delusional? Or do they deliberately lie to make themselves look and sound better? And if so, don't they realise people are not stupid? They know.

You know these people, you would probably come across at least one of them. The one who claims they have many friends, when they don't. The one who claims alot of guys/girls like him/her and stalk him/her when it's the other way around. The one who would tell bad stories to you about other people so that you won't like them and like him/her instead. The one who tells you they get a D average when he/she is a P average. The one who keeps describing their 'amazing' house to make them look rich, when their house is just average.

And no, I'm not talking about a person who lies about one of these things, but a person who lies about all of them. Like, they create their lives for other people to see, but they live very different lives. Don't they know people will find out eventually? Don't they know it doesn't make them look or sound cool, just a liar? I mean, what are their aims exactly? To be the envy of others? I don't see it. It just doesn't make sense to me.

And being surrounded by lies all the time, I should know, the best lies are the ones given out sparingly. The ones that are so rare that people won't see them coming.

Take poker for instance. Bluff sparingly, and people won't see it coming.


So what's it gonna be?
Are you real to me?
Or are you non dairy creamer.


LoVe~
MzP<3

No comments: