27 January 2009

To Cheat or Not To Cheat?

Yesterday, I got a great piece of advice. It's a long winded advice, but to cut it short, and put it in a sentence, it would be:

"Don't cheat on your boyfriend unless you know that person is better than him."

I think that's genius. One of the best advice I'm given.

I mean, when you think about it, it's true. So true. I mean, why would you want to risk a breakup of a relationship if it's not with someone better, right? So it's more like, if you wanna trade, trade up. And you'll be alright.

You see, maybe that's the mistake some people make when they cheat. I mean, it's like a guy cheats on his girlfriend, but don't want to lose her. And when he does, he'll just realize it's not worth it anyway. So that's the thing. Don't regret. Cheat with someone better. Then if your partner leaves you, you get someone better. Knowing that gives you the power, doesn't it? But it's simple logic, don't you think?

Alright, alright, you might say it's a heartless thing to do. But I know that alot more people are selfish in this world. And do you really think your partner won't leave you if he/she finds someone better, someone more of his/her type, more of what he/she is looking for? Really. They will leave. And here, I would stress I'm talking solely for girlfriend/boyfriend relationships, and not about marriage. When you marry someone, it's a different story altogether, and don't you dare cheat.

So yes, it's like that. Admit it, if you find your soulmate tomorrow, and you are really perfect for each other, you will leave your partner. We humans are selfish. But I guess it's just so true.



Which is why I don't have a reason to cheat in my boyfriend. Not a reason. There is not one person that is better than him. Or more perfect for me. It's the reason of my monogamy. And thanks to the person who gave me this advice, and made me realize this. I would positively kill myself if I ever cheat on my boyfriend with someone worse, because I'm just putting myself in the dumpster. And since no one better exists, why do it at all?

Even if love is a small part of the consideration, if you don't love a person that much but you know you can spend forever together, and no one will be better, then dont cheat.

So yes, that piece of advice, although cruel in essence, is keeping my relationship together at the moment. And now you know, something bad can be good. The world is not black and white.

My sense of logic might be disconcerting. But we all know, falling back into logic once in awhile, might just save you.

Hell, it's saving me right now.


LoVe~
MzP<3

No comments: