25 September 2008

Flight Delay Part 2

21 September 2008

OK. Part two of the story.

Yes, I know, I thought the story has only one part too. Until... Well, just read the story.


Let's start with right now. So. A few minutes to 12 noon. Guess where I am? Let me give you a clue: Not Malaysia. Yup. I'm still in Sydney. Airport to be precise. At the check in counter. Waiting to be called, hopefully soon. So bored of waiting that I had to whip out my laptop to get to listen to some songs instead.


So yes, I still haven't gotten any access to the internet, so I can only put this up as soon as I do. By the time you read this, hopefully, I'll be back home safe in KL.


Wait! To be continued.


OK. 10 minutes to 1pm.


Here I am, still waiting, but at a different check in counter. I am told that I had to wait till the very end. OK. Taking a seat. Telling the story.


Lets start from where we left off yesterday. After writing the blog post at the First Class lounge, I watched a little of One Tree Hill. Waiting for buka puasa.


Then at 5.45, a fraction of time before buka puasa, an announcement was made. The flight, as it happens, is not happening on the day itself. And then a woman came to bring us all back to the plane, to pick up hand luggage left on the plane. So off we to the gate again. Waiting. There were lots of theories exchanged on what happened to the plane. Some “Thank God it didn't take off yet.” Some crying. Frenzied “Where are we supposed to go now?” And lots of staff trying to explain the situation. We were informed the flight will be off at 9am. We were to take our check-in baggages. Those living far are to get hotel accommodation, those living in Sydney, free transport home, and back to the airport in the morning. 6.30 pm.


So off we went to the baggage – umm... what do you call them? - carousels area. Were told that luggage is coming out at carousel 4. So a huge crowd was there when I arrived. Imagine the whole content of a plane in one place. This was after I had a 'Did Not Depart' stamp on the stamp of my passport (Yup, stamp on a stamp.). So we waited patiently for our luggage. Then, bags started clunking out on the conveyor belt. Announcement: Passengers of Malaysian Airlines flight please proceed to carousel 1 to collect your luggage. Like, oh man. What else can go wrong? I had nooooooo idea. So off we went to carousel 1. Collect bags.


And we got out. A staff waited for us outside. Malaysian Airlines passengers, please move to bay 28. Please call this number to confirm the time of your flight tomorrow. If you're staying in Sydney, we have a car voucher for your trip. Please collect them at bay 28.


Walked. Krispy Kreme! Donut! Hungry. Remember: Belum buka puasa. Had only water. So stopped by. The guy behind the counter saw me and was like, “Hi. Welcome to Sydney.” Uh-huh. Yea. Rub it in that I never left! So OK. Paid. “Enjoy your stay in Sydney. Hope to see you again.” Yeeeaaaaa. Alright. Move on.


Another staff was there. “Follow these two gentlemen to bay 28.” Followed. At Bay 28, BUS!!! We get a hotel room! Yay. Don't have to travel alllll the way back to Macquarie.

In the bus. Announcement: This bus is taking you to Hotel Mercure where you get a room for the night. Your flight will depart at 12 noon tomorrow (Insert groans here. Another delay!). The bus will pick you up tomorrow at 8.45 form hotel Mercure to the airport.


So off we went to Hotel Mercure. To be continued...


So folks. I'm back. In the First Class Lounge. I'm back right where I started. I'm about so close to give up, I would right now except I'm already checked in and through immigration. I'm still fasting. And today is so exhausting. With waking up early and all, queuing for hours. With parched throats, and sore feet. Didn't bring my jacket, so I was shivering. I'm about 2 seconds to falling asleep. In short, I'm cold, tired and hungry. And the last thing I want to do is write this blog post. All you have to know is that this flight is delayed by more than 28 hours and I've about had enough of this damn nonsense.


Fuck. Fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck FUCK FUCK FUCK!!!! Fuck.


Sorry, that was vulgar. But you would understand too if you're in my position. I shouldn't have checked in. Should have called my boyfriend to pick me up and take me home. Come back here 5 hours later. That is, if the flight is still not delayed another 5 hours. Whatever. Fuck. Fuck. Fuck.


You wouldn't be jealous of me anymore if you are stuck in this lounge for the next 5 or 6 hours either.


So I'll continue the story later. That is if I come out alive. Suicide definitely is an option right now. Besides, how cool is it to die in Malaysia Airlines first class lounge. Definitely cool.


Till then.



LoVe~

MzP<3

No comments: