22 May 2010

Magnificent Beauty

My favourite colour is pretty much common knowledge. If you didn't know let me give you a hint:



But I'll bet you did not know my other favourite things. Like my second favourite colour (that's a hard one to guess, really). Or my favourite flower. Or my favourite song of all time. Or my favourite word. Or just my favourite food?

I'll tell you one thing then. No, I'll show you.

My favourite flower:
The Calla Lily. In my opinion, the most beautiful flower ever. It's beauty is in its simplicity. In its pureness. Its curve. I love it. It is also, unfortunately, pretty hard to get. Also pretty expensive.

Surprisingly my favourite flower is not the extravagant rose. Or maybe something sweet like daisies. But calla lilies attract me so much.

You know how roses have thorns? Bet you didn't know that calla lilies are poisonous. No, not just their stems, like roses, but every part of the plant. Yes including the flowers. And somehow that attracts me more. Knowing they are dangerous in all their simple beauty. And we're not talking a prick on a finger either. Poison.

And this I just found out. Their scientific name is Zantedeschia. Yes, it starts with a Z. My initial. How awesome is that?

The flower itself means 'magnificent beauty'.

*sigh*


LoVe~
MzP<3

No comments: